West Campus, acquired in 2016 through a long-term, 60-year lease agreement with North Carolina State University, serves as the headquarters for our Apprenticeship Program and functions as a donation-based venue for groups seeking to support Black Mountain Home and its mission.
For more information:
Elodie Covert, Camp Coordinator
The proximity of this camp property to our main campus makes it a natural fit for expanding the ministry and programs of Black Mountain Home. While the facility will be able to host volunteer groups, church retreats, private events, and mission trips, we are most excited about providing the youth in our Independent Living Program with an alternative to a traditional secondary education through apprenticeship opportunities including:
- Culinary Arts
- Outdoor Leadership/Recreation
Students will work in their respective program at West Campus and when ready, begin to work with a partnering local business. Community partners help us provide valuable internships and possible full-time employment enabling youth to earn a living wage after they complete the program. Our goal is for the apprenticeship program at West Campus to give youth the tools they need to stand on their own two feet.
- 100+ acres to hike, bike, and explore
- Prayer walk trail
- Recreation area: large field, campfire ring, sand volleyball, outdoor basketball
- Mountain View Lodge: ideal for adult groups, ADA compliant, sleeps 22
- Two winterized cabins: perfect for large groups, ADA compliant, available year-round, sleep 24 each
- Six seasonal cabins: rustic cabins great for warmer months, sleep 18 each
- Fields for tent camping and trees for hammocking!