Individuals, groups, children, adults, professionals, novices–all are invited to share your time and talents at Black Mountain Home. Volunteer opportunities range from pulling weeds to construction projects. Top on-going needs include individuals who can commit to regular tutoring (background checks required) and groups that can tackle general maintenance projects.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, contact Jimmy Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 828-686-3451 x139.
OTHER PROJECTS – January 2020
1. Thrift Store Volunteers – Groups of 4-8 (churches, civic groups) to gather donations and then come volunteer at the thrift store on a Saturday in 2020.
2. Grounds Maintenance – volunteers to pitch in and help with general maintenance of all kinds
3. Tutors – to help youth reach their academic potential—we specifically need tutors for older youth in college-level classes like statistics and anatomy
4. Painters – to repaint offices and other spaces on campus
5. Builders/Carpenters – to build a large truss roof over the shipping containers used for donation storage
6. Veterinarian – to help provide care for campus animals
7. Office Help – proofreading, filing, helping with mailings, etc.
8. Handy Volunteer Groups – to help winterize cabins at West Campus
9. Auto Upkeep – basic vehicle maintenance like oil changes
10. Small Engine/Appliance Repair – help us keep everything in working order