How to Help
When you entrust us with your resources, we take our responsibility seriously to be the best stewards possible. We will prayerfully use your gifts to further our mission of glorifying God by caring for children and families. OUR PROMISE – We will NEVER rent, sell, or share your personal information with any other company or organization for any reason.
Black Mountain Home depends upon regular contributions from individuals and groups to meet the Every Day Fund goal of $1 million annually. Whether you can give Solomon’s riches or a widow’s mite, every dollar helps make a difference in the lives of children.
Collecting Items for Black Mountain Home
Many groups like to collect specific items that BMH uses in quantity, like sheets, towels, paper goods, pillows, socks, cleaning supplies, batteries, school/arts and crafts supplies, and toiletries.
Black Mountain Home does accept certain gently used items, including furniture, vehicles, household goods, and tools. Items that we cannot use will be sold at our youth’s annual yard sale or passed on to a non-profit organization with a similar mission.
What Else Can I Do for the Children?
- PRAY – Remember the staff, children, volunteers, and supporters in your prayers each day.
- SHARE – Tell someone else about Black Mountain Home for Children, Youth & Families.
- VISIT – Show others what the Home does. If you or your group would like to come for a tour, please call the Development Office at 828-686-3451.
- VOLUNTEER – We host groups and individuals throughout the year who take on a variety of tasks from tutoring youth to mowing grass. Contact Jason Covert at 828-686-3451 if you’d like to explore options for serving.
- INVITE – Let the Home come to you. If you’d like to have a guest speaker at your next meeting, event, or church service, please call the Development Office at 828-686-3451.
- READ – Sign up to receive our newsletter by e-mailing email@example.com.
- PLANNED GIVING – Think about making a contribution for the future by including the Home in your will or other estate plans.