Education Coordinator needed at Christian, children’s ministry. Minimum qualifications include current NC teaching certificate and experience working with children with special needs. Flexible schedule required with evening study hall and occasional weekend activities. Must be energetic and passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinator will manage activities of the learning center including study hall, resources, staff, and lots of wonderful volunteers.
- Serves as liaison with the school system, representing the Home at meetings and conferences (e.g. Individualized Educational Plans, parent/teacher meetings, open houses, etc.).
- Tracks youth educational history and progress for all youth.
- Assists older youth with college tracks.
- Works with team members to develop apprenticeship tracks for Independent Living students.
- Will be key in developing a GED program on campus.
- Administers summer education program.
- Is part of the on-call rotation.
We’re seeking an education professional who is passionate about working with children and helping them realize their potential.
DIRECTOR OF CAMPUS SUPPORT
We’re seeking a director to oversee maintenance, volunteer, and recreation activities for multiple campuses hosting thousands of volunteers and serving around 150 children annually.
- Supervise maintenance staff in the care and maintenance of campus buildings, grounds, animal program, and fleet of vehicles.
- Supervise recreation staff in growing and developing a robust campus activity schedule that engages and supports youth in care.
- Help plan and lead activities, youth meetings, youth retreats, participation in recreation leagues, and mission projects.
- Assist Program Director with volunteer program by providing support for volunteer groups, leading and supervising volunteers and interns, organizing materials for work projects, maintaining campus project list, providing oversight at the Legacy Residential Volunteer (RV) Park, and recruiting and cultivating volunteers.
- Provide after-hours on-call support for the ministry.
- Support special events as needed—evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field is preferred.
- Five years of related experience is required.
- Must be able to work independently and provide hands-on, servant leadership.
- Problem solve as needed and complete other projects as requested.
- Strong desire to change children’s lives for the better imperative.
Physical requirements include:
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to do prolonged strenuous labor.
- Ability to complete work while on a ladder.
- Ability to use a wide variety of equipment from weed eaters to a fork lift.