We’re seeking a Program Director dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of at-promise children. Successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or greater in social work or a related field along with at least ten years’ experience in social work/mental health settings along with proven leadership ability. Position plays a key role in leading departmental professionals as well as providing crisis and problem solving support for direct child care staff.
Program Director will report directly to and work closely with the President. Areas of responsibility include: residential care, independent living/apprenticeship program, foster care, education, recreation, and maintenance. Position will also play a key role in developing and maintaining relationships with county and state agencies, professional groups, and the general community.
- Proven leader who can work creatively, think strategically, and help move the ministry forward.
- Passionate about living out the gospel and inspiring others as they participate in meaningful ministry.
- Detailed planner with great organization skills able to develop and carry out all phases of programming.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Kaleidacare, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to staff from a variety of backgrounds as well as youth and young adults from challenging situations.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
Successful candidate will be passionate about providing youth from challenging situations a safe, secure environment and the tools they need to become productive adults. Interested candidates MUST include a cover letter outlining why you are drawn to this opportunity and why you want to make a difference in the lives of children.
INDEPENDENT LIVING COACH
Independent Living Coach needed at Christian children’s home in Black Mountain, NC. Independent living coaches work to provide support to young adults pursuing work, education, and the attainment of life skills. ILCs work a nine-day, alternate-week shift. They teach residents independent living skills and support educational goals. Full-time, on-campus housing is provided. Flexibility, patience, and a desire to change lives for the better a must. The successful candidate will work well as part of a team, while also being able to think independently while working in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
Must meet Social Work II criteria—bachelor’s degree in social work; bachelor’s degree in a human services field and one year of directly related experience; bachelor’s degree and two years directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Case management experience as well as experience in working with young adults is strongly preferred. MUST include a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for our ministry working to change children’s lives for the better.