THRIFT STORE ASSOCIATE: OPERATIONS & DONATIONS PICK-UP
Thrift Store Operations & Donations Pickup Associate needed. Expectations include:
- Providing quality donor relations and customer service in all interactions with donors and customers. (A basic understanding of Black Mountain Home programs and operations will be ensured prior to start of job.)
- Assist Store Manager in regular store operations, which will include customer service, pricing, cleaning, and more.
- Assists with training, directing and providing guidance and support to the thrift store volunteers.
- Assists with receiving and processing donations.
- Assists with the distribution of merchandise to the sales floor.
- Assists with display merchandising as directed.
- Assists with sorting pricing and stocking of store items as well as maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
- Assists customers with questions and purchases. Demonstrates high sensitivity to customer service to insure customers have a positive shopping experience. Role models behavior expected of the volunteers and job training students when interacting with customers.
- Ensures adherence to Thrift Store policies and procedures through personal adherence and role modeling to volunteers and job training students.
- Assists with and utilizes all aspects of the thrift store cash management systems including cash handling, check and credit card processing, and daily banking. Adheres to cash handling policies and procedures.
- Assists with daily cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Assist with donation pick-ups as needed.
- Problem solve as needed and complete other projects as requested by Store Manager and/or Store/Café Coordinator.
- May be charged with running the Store for brief times.
- Retail experience required.
- Self-starter willing to do whatever work is needed.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and assist in lifting/moving items that may be much heavier.
- Must maintain an active driver’s license and be able to competently operate various vehicles for donation pick-ups.
- Experience working with volunteers preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of retail cash management systems; ability to operate a cash register and/or utilize financial software.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, word processing and data management software, copy machine, facsimile, and answer telephones in the prescribed manner.
- Able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
DIRECTOR OF CAMPUS SUPPORT
We’re seeking a director to oversee maintenance, volunteer, and recreation activities for multiple campuses hosting thousands of volunteers and serving around 150 children annually.
- Supervise maintenance staff in the care and maintenance of campus buildings, grounds, animal program, and fleet of vehicles.
- Supervise recreation staff in growing and developing a robust campus activity schedule that engages and supports youth in care.
- Help plan and lead activities, youth meetings, youth retreats, participation in recreation leagues, and mission projects.
- Assist Program Director with volunteer program by providing support for volunteer groups, leading and supervising volunteers and interns, organizing materials for work projects, maintaining campus project list, providing oversight at the Legacy Residential Volunteer (RV) Park, and recruiting and cultivating volunteers.
- Provide after-hours on-call support for the ministry.
- Support special events as needed—evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field is preferred.
- Five years of related experience is required.
- Must be able to work independently and provide hands-on, servant leadership.
- Problem solve as needed and complete other projects as requested.
- Strong desire to change children’s lives for the better imperative.
Physical requirements include:
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to do prolonged strenuous labor.
- Ability to complete work while on a ladder.
- Ability to use a wide variety of equipment from weed eaters to a fork lift.
MARRIED HOUSE PARENT COUPLE (main campus)
House Parent Couple needed at Christian children’s home in Black Mountain, NC. Previous experience in working with children in a residential setting desirable but not required. House parents work to provide for the needs of up to ten resident children in a designated house during a seven-day, alternate-week shift; teach residents basic living skills; run appointments; maintain their assigned cottage; and provide a supportive, home-like setting for youth. Flexibility, patience, and a desire to change lives for the better a must.
Support services include an education coordinator (youth attend public schools), recreation coordinator, and administrative staff. Housing including dedicated bedroom and bathroom with shared office area provided during shift week (personal residence needed during off-week). Additional shared room provided for staff children. Well-behaved dogs with required shots and paperwork allowed on a case-by-case basis.
Cover letter sharing your passion for working with youth and why you feel you would be a good fit for our ministry is REQUIRED.