CULINARY ARTS INSTRUCTOR
Part or possibly full-time culinary arts instructor needed to provide on-the-job training for young adults in the Apprenticeship Program. Staff person will train youth in culinary arts and lead them in catering services for retreat groups on campus. Please include a cover letter sharing why you would be an ideal candidate for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instructing students about safety in the kitchen, proper measurement, and cooking techniques
- Mentoring students in soft skill development and personal growth
- Planning, organizing, and executing catered events
- Working with community partners to help students transition into the workforce
- Experience and proficiency in baking and catering—culinary training preferred
- Teacher’s heart with care for each student’s personal and professional growth—desire to help at-promise youth succeed
- Must work well as part of a team striving to do what’s in the best interest of the youth entrusted to us
- Ability to switch between tasks and keep track of lots of details without dropping the ball
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to young adults from challenging situations
- Must be knowledgeable about sanitary practices and maintain a clean kitchen that is subject to regular health department inspections
We’re seeking a Program Director dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of at-promise children. Successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or greater in social work or a related field along with at least ten years’ experience in social work/mental health settings along with proven leadership ability. Position plays a key role in leading departmental professionals as well as providing crisis and problem solving support for direct child care staff.
Program Director will report directly to and work closely with the President. Areas of responsibility include: residential care, independent living/apprenticeship program, foster care, education, recreation, and maintenance. Position will also play a key role in developing and maintaining relationships with county and state agencies, professional groups, and the general community.
- Proven leader who can work creatively, think strategically, and help move the ministry forward.
- Passionate about living out the gospel and inspiring others as they participate in meaningful ministry.
- Detailed planner with great organization skills able to develop and carry out all phases of programming.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Kaleidacare, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to staff from a variety of backgrounds as well as youth and young adults from challenging situations.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
Successful candidate will be passionate about providing youth from challenging situations a safe, secure environment and the tools they need to become productive adults. Interested candidates MUST include a cover letter outlining why you are drawn to this opportunity and why you want to make a difference in the lives of children.