Current Job Openings:
Education Coordinator needed at Christian, children's ministry. Minimum qualifications include current NC teaching certificate and experience working with children with special needs. Flexible schedule required with evening study hall and occasional weekend activities as well as being part of the staff, on-call rotation. Must be passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children.
- Coordinator will manage activities of the learning center including study hall, resources, staff, and volunteers.
- Serves as liaison with the school system, representing the Home at meetings and conferences (e.g. Individualized Educational Plans, parent/teacher meetings, open houses, etc.).
- Tracks youth educational history and progress for all youth.
- Assists older youth with college tracks.
- Works with team members to develop vocational tracks for Independent Living students.
- Will be key in developing a GED program on campus.
- Administers summer education program.
House Parent Couple - Both members of the couple must have a GED or high school diploma. Previous experience in working with children is preferred. House parents work to provide for the needs of up to ten resident youth in a designated house during a seven-day, alternate-week shift; teach residents basic living skills; and work to obtain home and outside services for resident youth. Flexibility, patience, and a desire to change lives for the better a must. We're looking for dedicated staff who will strive for excellence in all areas while putting the needs of our children first. Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for an opening, fax your resume and a cover letter (required) to 828-686-7797 or mail to 80 Lake Eden Road, Black Mountain, NC 28711. You can also send an e-mail to info @ blackmountainhome.org. No phone calls.
Address resumes to:
Black Mountain Home for Children, Youth & Families
80 Lake Eden Road
Black Mountain, NC 28711
Black Mountain Home also accepts resumes by fax or email. The fax number 828-686-7797, and the email address is info @ blackmountainhome . org
Black Mountain Home for Children, Youth & Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright Black Mountain Home for Children, Youth & Families 80 Lake Eden Road, Black Mountain, NC 28711 • 828.686.3451